Rigging safety is based on:
- The weight of load to be lifted.
- The capacity of the hoisting device
- The safe working loads of ropes and gears.
- The crane shall be operated by trained, experienced & licensed operators.
- Trained in rigging and handling loads and know how to determine weights, judge distances and clearances, select the right equipment for each job and direct operators safely.
- Planned and supervised by Lifting Supervisor.
- Proper equipment is available, correctly load-rated and maintained in good condition.
- Site Supervisor/ Lifting Supervisor takes responsibility for:
- Proper rigging of load
- Directing the riggers
- Safety of rigger, signalers and personnel nearby
- Ensuring that equipment is properly maintained, has the required capacity and is correctly assembled;
- Rigging set-up is suitable for the job and job conditions